About Families & Literacy
Who Are We?
We were founded in 1996 with the merger of Partners in Parenting Education and Literacy Volunteers of America: Kerr County
- We are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization
- Our service area is Kerr, Bandera, Gillespie, Kendall, Kimble Counties
- We are governed by a Board of Directors
- We have three part-time staff members and 15 volunteer instructors
- Our annual budget is approximately $140,000
Why Are We Here.
- To provide an opportunity for adult students to better themselves through education
- To act as a connector between businesses and students seeking job- related education
- To act as a conduit for community philanthropy in adult education
Who Do We Serve?
- Adult learners-approximately 300 per year
- Kerr County Jail adult learners-approximately 1,100 per year
- Small businesses
What Do We Offer?
- We are the only provider in Kerrville of the preparatory courses for the General Education Development tests
- We serve as a registration site for GED testing
- We offer Adult Basic Education, and English as a Second Language, Citizenship, Computer Skills, Parenting with Love and Logic and For Kid’s Sake
Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 5 PM